Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Change tire size?

5086 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2019-10-25 18:58:17

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    Cwheaton
    2019-10-25 13:09:06
     I had a customer upgrade his tires to 33" on a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado. I was able to find the screen that allows me to change the tire pressure setting for the TPMS, but nothing to change the tire size. The icon on the screen literally shows "chg tire sz" but doesn't have a screen to change it. 

What gives?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-10-25 16:29:29 (Reply to:Cwheaton)

I think it might be some expected function are generically listed for all makes on a service menu autel offers for service functions  kinda like a restaurant has for food , but not all things on the menu are available. It's like you really want the New York Strip on the menu but you still end up with some good pieces in the Stir fry you settled on .LOL

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    Cwheaton
    2019-10-25 18:07:36 (Reply to:witsend)
      I think I understand what you're saying.  So that service menu item is shown for all makes, but only after you open it up will you find out if it is applicable?

It's kind of misleading,  because I sold the job expecting to be able to calibrate the speedometer to the new tire size. 

I feel like I bought a computer with shortcuts to great programs all over the desktop.  Only to find out that the shortcuts don't open any programs. 

•   Level 7   
    (1593) points
    promaster

2019-10-25 18:58:17 (Reply to:Cwheaton)

Can you try 
    Tire size calibration:
    diagnosis/Control unit/ABS/Special functions/Tire size calibration

Tire pressure monitor:
    Diagnosis/Control unit/Tire pressure monitor/Special functions/Tire/pressure selection

The above is for an older truck and may not apply to your truck.
  Total1 Pages